About the study
Terms and Conditions
Aim of the programme
The goal is to make an educational offer of the second cycle studies in the field of General Horticulture and therefore increase chances in the Polish and international job markets. We encourage students to take part in a project offering financial support for the second cycle studies with English as the teaching language in the field of Horticulture. Presented study also improve the internationalization of the Faculty of Horticulture.
Study also provides with competencies in soft skills: problem-solving; accumulation, elaboration and critical data analysis; propagation of knowledge, working in the multidisciplinary team.
As part of General Horticulture, we offer a wide range of practical classes, including work in a modern greenhouse and analytical laboratories.
Diploma of the first-level studies on plants (Horticulture, Forestry, Agriculture, etc.) in the field of environmental protection;
• diploma of related field of the first cycle studies, for which the effects of education are convergent with the learning outcomes expected of the candidates; if the convergence is incomplete, the student will be obliged to supplement the competence gaps by completing the subjects specified during the interview, in an amount not exceeding 30 ECTS, which is the limit of admissible discrepancy (Candidates permanently living outside Poland, who cannot come personally to interview, will be qualified on the basis of the documentation attached to the Candidate Service System);
• in the case of the number of candidates exceeding the admission limit the average grade from first-cycle studies is taken in to account; • confirmed knowledge of English language;
Main mandatory subjects:
Herbal raw materials, Plant functioning under environmental stresses, Advanced information technologies, Intellectual property, Molecular biology, Sustainable horticulture, Diploma seminar, Facultative subjects: Ornamental plants in human environment, Fruits of the world, Medicinal and aromatic plants, Applied of plant pathology, Seeds production, Dendrology.
Ecotoxicology, Plant Laboratory, The microworld of fungi, Insect behavior – from mechanisms to practical issues, Modern technologies in plant production, Diploma seminar, Facultative subjects: Propagation of ornamental plants, Integrated pests management, Biological control, Breeding methods of fruit plants, Propagation of fruits plants, Plants in human diet, Breeding methods of ornamental plants.
Diploma seminar, Facultative subjects: Business law, Plants’ mysteries under microscope, Indoor flowers arrangements, Ecology of microorganisms, Quality evaluation of plant products, Physiological basis of vegetable and medicinal plants production.
• in horticultural production
• private agribusiness
• horticultural consulting
• raw materials and cosmetic laboratories
• scientific and research institutions
for Polish nationals: free of charge
Full-time, Master’s degree - Second Cycle Studies
- Diploma in Horticulture Engineering, Plant Health Protection;
- a diploma of another field of study in Engineering, for which the learning outcomes coincide with those expected from the candidates; if this coincidence is incomplete, the student will be obliged to make up for the competence deficiencies by passing courses indicated during the interview, not exceeding 30 ECTS (the limit of a permissible discrepancy);
- grade point average on bachelor’s degree;
- proof of English language skills.
- limit of admissions: 15